View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  

Default CSV file conversion + True/False over multiple columns of data

Okay I've been lurking for a few days looking through some threads trying to find out a way to accomplish the task I want.

Thru a SQL comparison tool, I've got about 20 tables of data to compare test and production environments. These files are output as a .csv file. I might have anywhere from 10 to 240 columns of data that is in the .csv file.

What I'd like to know if it's possible:
Take the .csv file, import it into Excel 2010 with columns using the commas as a separator, and then have a True/False script run that will then cleanup the data and only show me the data if Column A does not match what Column B has.
Optional: Add a color highlight to match the side by side columns, aka light blue for Column A/B, light yellow for Columns C/D, all the way to the end.

As a heads up, this is not my primary job role, and programming is something my experience is very, very light. Any points in the right direction or links to other threads I might have overlooked would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any sample files if necessary both in terms of source files and the desired output.

Thank you all ahead of time for any and all direction or assistance!