Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R Y R Y is offline

Default True false function for alpha data

Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome
1 80E 80E TRUE
2 999 80E FLASE
3 80E 80E TRUE
4 CB1 80E FALSE
5 80E 80E TRUE
6 999 80E FALSE
7 999 C76 FALSE

I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the
above data and the results would be where the outcome is located (completed
manualy)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter into C1:
=A1=B1
and copy down.

Regards,
Bernd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In C1 enter:

=(A1=B1)
and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"R Y" wrote:

Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome
1 80E 80E TRUE
2 999 80E FLASE
3 80E 80E TRUE
4 CB1 80E FALSE
5 80E 80E TRUE
6 999 80E FALSE
7 999 C76 FALSE

I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the
above data and the results would be where the outcome is located (completed
manualy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In C1 enter =B1=A1

Copy down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:36:06 -0800, R Y <R
wrote:

Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome
1 80E 80E TRUE
2 999 80E FLASE
3 80E 80E TRUE
4 CB1 80E FALSE
5 80E 80E TRUE
6 999 80E FALSE
7 999 C76 FALSE

I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the
above data and the results would be where the outcome is located (completed
manualy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome...

One additional idea might be:

=EXACT(A1,B1)

One difference is that if the strings are
80E & 80e, then Exact() would return False.
= = = =
Dana DeLouis

On 11/17/09 3:36 PM, R Y wrote:
Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome
1 80E 80E TRUE
2 999 80E FLASE
3 80E 80E TRUE
4 CB1 80E FALSE
5 80E 80E TRUE
6 999 80E FALSE
7 999 C76 FALSE

I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the
above data and the results would be where the outcome is located (completed
manualy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I tried this I received all false outcomes.

Column1 Column2 =(A1=B1) Should Be
80E 80E FALSE TRUE
999 80E FALSE FALSE
80E 80E FALSE TRUE
999 80E FALSE FALSE
80E 80E FALSE TRUE
999 80E FALSE FALSE
999 C76 FALSE FALSE
C76 C76 FALSE TRUE
999 A09 FALSE FALSE
71O 52 FALSE FALSE
71O 52 FALSE FALSE

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Need more indo, I think
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"R Y" <R wrote in message
Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome
1 80E 80E TRUE
2 999 80E FLASE
3 80E 80E TRUE
4 CB1 80E FALSE
5 80E 80E TRUE
6 999 80E FALSE
7 999 C76 FALSE

I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the
above data and the results would be where the outcome is located
(completed
manualy)

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you checked for spare spaces or other non-printing characters?
What do you get for =LEN(A1) and =LEN(B1), copied down as appropriate?
--
David Biddulph

"R Y" wrote in message
When I tried this I received all false outcomes.

Column1 Column2 =(A1=B1) Should Be
80E 80E FALSE TRUE
999 80E FALSE FALSE
80E 80E FALSE TRUE