RBeau

Default Format does not look the same

I have built a spreadsheet that automatically changes cell format based on
completion of work. For instance, if a task is not complete by a day it first
turns yellow, then red - when complete blue.

Without any activity completed, the spreadsheet currently has automatically
turned several cells to red or yellow .. as it should. So the spreadsheet
works fine on my desktop.

However, the same spreadsheet to my colleagues for them to use with their
programs, the cells that are red / yellow when I am viewing the spreadsheet,
are still green on theirs. They are using the same version of the software.

When you use conditional formatting on a spreadsheet, and then save and
distribute, is there something that needs to happen when opened on another
desktop to activate the conditional formatting?

Thanks to anyone that can provide any suggestions.

RB
JE McGimpsey

Are there system dates set correctly?

In article ,

Thanks to anyone that can provide any suggestions.

RBeau

Actually, that is what I was planning on checking this morning. I checked
while on the phone yesterday .. if they use the form to check that something
is complete, then both my version and theirs updates properly. What is not
working is the automatic changes .. and they are based on date (Use end date
and subtract TODAY's date and make a decision based on that number). Again,
will check this morning .. although its curious that all five people would
have their system dates set incorrectly. Thanks a lot for the response... I
will get back in a couple of hours and let you know if this was the problem.
Again, thanks for the pointer.

"RBeau" wrote:

Thanks to anyone that can provide any suggestions.

RBeau

Found the problem: in calculating the dates, I am using the NETWORKDAYS
function. This function does not work without using the Analysis Tools Add in
... as soon as the other person installed the add in, it worked.

Thanks again for trying to help out!