csinvestor

Default Variable input to populate data fields

I need some help with the following problem:

1. I have built a s/s that analyzes multiple variables (e.g. cost of sales,
SG&A spend, etc.) in a "current state" and "next gen state". The variables
are analyzed for a range of company revenue sizes (e.g. $25M, $25-$100M,
$101-$250M, etc.).
2. Based upon the above data, I would like to populate a s/s with that data,
dependent upon the input from a third party. For example, if the third party
inputs $55M revenues, I would like to populate the sheet with all of the data
related to "current state" and "next gen state" companies between $25-$100M.
The third party input will vary each time that it is entered.

Not sure how to do this and would love some input from anyone who might know.

Thanks!
Paul Sheppard

csinvestor Wrote:
[...]

Hi csinvestor

Try creating a lookup table, then use the VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP functions

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=402040

csinvestor

Thanks, Paul. However, I still need to address the fact that I will have
variable inputs. For example, if someone enters $55M revenues, I will need
to automatically look up the corresponding values for "current state" and
"next gen state" for the range associated with $55M revenues, or $25-$100M
revenues. Unfortunately, I will not know what someone is going to input
prior to their inputting it.

What syntax would you suggest to address this?

"Paul Sheppard" wrote:

csinvestor Wrote:
[...]

Paul Sheppard

"Paul Sheppard" wrote:

csinvestor Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

Hi csinvestor

Assuming the third party inputs to be increments of a million builsd
the lookup table in $1m increments, with $1m-$24m having exactly the
same values for current state and next gen state, then repeat
$25m-$100m etc