mikebo

Default sum over categories

This is probably a stupid question, but please bear with me. I have a table
that lists sales data, something like this:

date invoice customer amount
1/4/04 1 X 100
1/5/04 2 X 200
1/5/04 3 Y 100

All I want to do is to get a table that gives me the sum totals for each
customer or for a certain date, etc. I have tried Pivot tables, but for some
reason the pivot tables give me the count of entries for each customer, but
not the sum of the purchases. Is there a simple way of doing this?

mike
Jason Morin

You can go into the layout of the pivot table (seek URL
below for what I'm talking about) and double-click on the
field that reads "Count of Customer" and change it
to "Sum".

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

This is probably a stupid question, but please bear with

me. I have a table
that lists sales data, something like this:

date invoice customer amount
1/4/04 1 X 100
1/5/04 2 X 200
1/5/04 3 Y 100

All I want to do is to get a table that gives me the sum

totals for each
customer or for a certain date, etc. I have tried Pivot

tables, but for some
reason the pivot tables give me the count of entries for

each customer, but
not the sum of the purchases. Is there a simple way of

doing this?

mike
.

Peo Sjoblom

Drag the customer to the column field, the date to the row field and the
amount to the data field will give you sum for each customer for each date
unless your amounts are text

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom