budget question

Default A budget where receipts are typed in under categories and added f.

We are looking for a budget program where there are categories such as food
where you type in individual receipts and it totals it for you so we can keep
track of how much we spend and on what in the overall budget.
Debra Dalgleish

You can use a program such as Microsoft Money that's designed to keep
track of income and expenses.

Or, you can enter the data in a list in Excel, then summarize the data
using a pivot table. For example, with a list like this:

Date Item Category Amount
1/1/05 Groceries Food $25.00
1/1/05 Gas Car $30.00

you could create a pivot table that summaries by category, by month.
There's a PivotTable intro and links on Jon Peltier's web site:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Peo Sjoblom

Microsoft has a lot of templates,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

search for budget and you'll get lenty of answers

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom