Ken G.

Default Non printing cell/s

I want the contents of a cell to be visible on the screen, but I don't want
the contents to appear when the worksheet is printed. Is this possible?
Earl Kiosterud

Ken,

You can define a rectangular print area that excludes the cell. If you
can't do that (because the cell you don't want printed is surrounded by the
print area), then this won't work. In that case here are some
possibilities:

Put the cell in a row or column by itself and hide the row or column before
you print. A macro can automate this.

Make the font of the cell the same as the background before you print.

Use a text box instead of a cell. It can be set to not print (Format - Text
box - Properties tab - deselect Print object). It can be linked to a cell.
You can remove the white fill and the black border. Format - Text box,
Colors and lines tab - Fill: No fill, Line: no line. To select it later,
use the "Select Objects" button on the drawing toolbar.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Ken G." wrote in message
I want the contents of a cell to be visible on the screen, but I don't want
the contents to appear when the worksheet is printed. Is this possible?

Ken G.

Thanks Earl. I'm caught between a rock a hard place here. The cell is smack
in the middle of the sheet and there's no room on the form to have it in a
column by itself. I could add a print button (if there was room) that would
change the cell properties so that it couldn't be seen in the printed copy -
but no room for the button.

The other problem is that the text in this cell only appears when the value
of an adjacent cell is a certain number. I had used a small macro to create a
comment when the condition was met, but then found out that formatting the
comment using normal excel commands didn't work. I've assumed this is because
the comment was created by the macro, not be excel itself, but so far no one
has been able to come up with a solution to format the comment. Again, I
assume this will have to be done in the macro itself. I need the comment to
be a certain size to fit in the only available space and not cover other
input labels, and I don't want a shadow, because when the comment dissapears
(if the cell containing the trigger value is over-typed with a different
value) it leaves the outline of the shadow on the screen, although it doesn't
print.