Earl Kiosterud

Ken,

You can define a rectangular print area that excludes the cell. If you
can't do that (because the cell you don't want printed is surrounded by the
print area), then this won't work. In that case here are some
possibilities:

Put the cell in a row or column by itself and hide the row or column before
you print. A macro can automate this.

Make the font of the cell the same as the background before you print.

Use a text box instead of a cell. It can be set to not print (Format - Text
box - Properties tab - deselect Print object). It can be linked to a cell.
You can remove the white fill and the black border. Format - Text box,
Colors and lines tab - Fill: No fill, Line: no line. To select it later,
use the "Select Objects" button on the drawing toolbar.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Ken G." wrote in message
I want the contents of a cell to be visible on the screen, but I don't want
the contents to appear when the worksheet is printed. Is this possible?