Shrikant

Default Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

--
Shrikant
Shrikant

continue... ( I accidently pressed 'enter')
When I define the range by painting the cells, and when the cursor is on the
last row of the range, i had a need to extend the range on the upper part by,
say 2 rows. How do I move the curser to the top row without un-painting the
selection ?
--
Shrikant

"Shrikant" wrote:

--
Shrikant

Shrikant

By pressing Ctrl . (dot), I am able to move my cursor to the four corners of
the range without un-painting the range. However, this does not help in
extending the range on the top row side.
--
Shrikant

"Shrikant" wrote:

--
Shrikant

Duke Carey

You have it almost all figured out. Pressing Ctrl-Period twice will make the
bottom row active. From there, all you need do to extend the painted range
up by 2 rows is hold the shift key down while pressing the up arrow twice.

"Shrikant" wrote:

--
Shrikant

Shrikant

Thanks Duke Carey.
I got it.
Earlier, I thought that I will be able to extend the range in the direction
in which the curser is. Actually it turns out that the extension of the range
is in the opposite direction. The logic of this solution is still not
convincing. But I got the solution.
--
Shrikant

"Shrikant" wrote: