MNicholas

Default Extend a data range

After posting a question on this site, I followed the prompt very helpful
advice and now have my wonderful order form of which I am very proud.

I created a data range and named it "products" to make it easier for the
VLOOKUP formula. Now, I need to add some more products to this range. I
have tried to drag the range box over the new lines but it over writes them
with data from row 1, but doesn't then include those duplicated rows in the
new data range - it still remains the same. I've tried dragging the box over
the new rows of data whilst pressing Alt, Ctrl, Shift, A, B, C everything!!!
It just will not add the extra rows into the range.

Your help would again be most appreciated.

Alan

To edit a named range, go 'Insert' in the top toolbars, 'Names' 'Define'.
Select your named range, 'products' in this case, edit the cell references
in the bottom dialogue box and hit 'OK' Alternatively, do as above, but
delete the named range and create a new one.
Its not a bad idea to leave some extra cells that you may not need at the
time in named ranges for VLOOKUP's etc to allow for future expansion.
Regards,
Alan.