lillysmom

Default Excel 2002 mailing list in spreadsheet

I have a mailing list in a spreadsheet. Last name, first name and address
are in the first 3 columns, extra info is in the following columns - There
are multiple rows for each household. How can I delete duplicate rows
(names) so that I have a spreadsheet with one row for each household.
Gord Dibben

lilly

I assume the multiple households all have the same address.

Use DataFilterAdvanced Filter on that selected column.

Check "unique records only" and "copy to new location".

For more on this, including copying the unique list to another sheet, see
Debra Dalgleish's site for more on Advanced filtering.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP