PierreL

Default Printing continuous

I have a sheet with about 10000 records.
I want to print two columns of values into a txt file that will be used as a
direct input to a device that can read just that.

Whatever I do I always end up with a file that has some break feature, even
when I manage to stick "continuous no break". Sure enough the file has no
empty line, but every 110 lines or so (depending on format selected) the next
record sticks to the end of the previous record with ASC(12)+ASC(32) and then
the new record.
How can I make sure that there is a continuous flow?
Dodo

"?B?UGllcnJlTA==?=" wrote in
:

I have a sheet with about 10000 records.
I want to print two columns of values into a txt file that will be
used as a direct input to a device that can read just that.

Whatever I do I always end up with a file that has some break feature,
even when I manage to stick "continuous no break". Sure enough the
file has no empty line, but every 110 lines or so (depending on format
selected) the next record sticks to the end of the previous record
with ASC(12)+ASC(32) and then the new record.
How can I make sure that there is a continuous flow?

Do you print to a file or save as?

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
Dave Peterson

Would it work if you just copied the two columns and pasted directly into
notepad?

If the columns are not contiguous, maybe you could use a helper column:

=a1&", "&e1
drag down
or if it's fixed width:
=left(a1&rept(" ",32),32)&left(e1&rept(" ",10),10)

If one of the cells is numeric/date, you may want to use:
=text(a1,"mm/dd/yyyy") & ....

PierreL wrote:

I have a sheet with about 10000 records.
I want to print two columns of values into a txt file that will be used as a
direct input to a device that can read just that.

Whatever I do I always end up with a file that has some break feature, even
when I manage to stick "continuous no break". Sure enough the file has no
empty line, but every 110 lines or so (depending on format selected) the next
record sticks to the end of the previous record with ASC(12)+ASC(32) and then
the new record.
How can I make sure that there is a continuous flow?

--

Dave Peterson
PierreL

Sure it does, why not think of that first!
I had to do some concatenation since the copy/paste takes the 0 away and
alters the "delimited"
Thanks