Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formatting formula to highlight items on column B inrelation to column A

Hello,

I have two columns. Column one identifies a customer. Column two identifies an order. I would like conditional formatting which highlights the instances where there are multiple instances of orders from the same customer. I was able to create COUNTIF(A:A,A2)1 to find duplicates in column one and I thought, since it works out to TRUE or FALSE (1,0), I could use this feature in an IF. So I wrote =(IF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)1*B20,1,0)) and got stuck. Clearly that does not work in any way.

I am out of my depth and would appreciate one of you gurus setting me straight. Thank you.

1524526 3049099
1524526 3049056
1524526 3049057
1524526 3049098
1524526 3049058
1524526 3049059
1524526 3049064
1524526 3049060
1524526 3049065
1524526 3049061
1524526 3049062
1524526 3049063
1524527 3049064
1524528 3049065
1524528 3049066
1524529 3049067
1524530 3049068
1524530 3049069
1524531 3049070
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"hombreazul" wrote in message
[...]

Concatenate the two numbers into a third cell on each row and then use
conditional formatting with the formula COUNTIF(C:C,C2)1 [assuming the new
cell is in column C].

Hope this helps,

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombreazul View Post
[...]

I presume the order numbers in column 2 are unique? If so, I'm unsure as to what you're trying to acheive with the second formula.

If you could explain that a little more I'm sure you'll get the help you need.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
Spencer101

try
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$20=A4)*($B$2:$B$201))1,1 ,0)