Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hombreazul hombreazul is offline

Default conditional formatting formula to highlight items on column B inrelation to column A

Hello,

I have two columns. Column one identifies a customer. Column two identifies an order. I would like conditional formatting which highlights the instances where there are multiple instances of orders from the same customer. I was able to create COUNTIF(A:A,A2)1 to find duplicates in column one and I thought, since it works out to TRUE or FALSE (1,0), I could use this feature in an IF. So I wrote =(IF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)1*B20,1,0)) and got stuck. Clearly that does not work in any way.

I am out of my depth and would appreciate one of you gurus setting me straight. Thank you.

1524526 3049099
1524526 3049056
1524526 3049057
1524526 3049098