Jesse13579

Default Formulas

Ok, I use to have a spreadsheet that would self populate data from an
attached spreadsheet. The way it worked is that I had one spreadsheet that
contained data and another that was a form. Basically it was set up so that
I could enter the row number from the data spreadsheet on the from
spreadsheet and it would fill in the form with the appropriate data. Now I
need to set up another spreadsheet the same way, but I can't seem to remember
the formula. Is there anyone out there that does something like this. I
would greatly appreciate any help.
Paul Sheppard

Jesse13579 Wrote:
Ok, I use to have a spreadsheet that would self populate data from an
attached spreadsheet. The way it worked is that I had one spreadsheet
that
contained data and another that was a form. Basically it was set up so
that
I could enter the row number from the data spreadsheet on the from
spreadsheet and it would fill in the form with the appropriate data.
Now I
need to set up another spreadsheet the same way, but I can't seem to
remember
the formula. Is there anyone out there that does something like this.
would greatly appreciate any help.

Hi Jesse

In the form click on the cell you want to populate, type =, go to the
dataspreadsheet and click on the cell with the data you want, press
Enter

Now if you cange the data sheet the form will change with it

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399118

Jesse13579

I greatly appreciate the help, but what I'm looking for is a formula that
will self populate the form for me. The way the old spreadsheets were set up
was that I had one that was the form and the other was the data spreadsheet.
The colums were all labeled with titles such as item number, date, min, max
and so forth. Each row was a different item. On the form spreadsheet I had
tied certain cells to the data spreadsheet using the formula I can't seem to
remember. I had a preset cell on the form sheet that when I put a number in
the cell on the form spreadsheet (that corresponded with a row number on the
data spreadsheet) it would populate the form with the information from one
item from the data spreadsheet. I just can't remember what the formula was.
I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
J.Lee