Chicago D

Default "Link to other data source" - How can I find out what is linked?

When I open my workbook, I get a message asking if I want to update the links
to other data sources but I can't find any formulas that reference another
workbook!

I copied a sheet from another workbook into this workbook and thought I
updated all formulas, but obviously I missed one and can't seem to find it.
Any suggestions for quickly finding the formula that's causing this?
rahrah3a

what version of Excel are you using? If 2003, you can select Edit - Links to
view all linked documents associated with the one you are viewing. You can
select a linked document and click the "Break Links" button to remove the
link. This will replace any cell linked to another document with it's value.

"Chicago D" wrote:

When I open my workbook, I get a message asking if I want to update the links
to other data sources but I can't find any formulas that reference another
workbook!

I copied a sheet from another workbook into this workbook and thought I
updated all formulas, but obviously I missed one and can't seem to find it.
Any suggestions for quickly finding the formula that's causing this?

Chicago D

Thanks for the response...

I'm using 2002. I've been to the "Links" menu and I can see the link, but
when I select it, "Break Link" is not available (grayed out). The only
available options are to "Open Source" and "Check Status". There's also a
"Startup Prompt" button that will allow me to set it to not prompt and not
update the link.... but I'd really like to find the link and fix it properly
to avoid future problems.

Any other suggestions?