AcesUp

Default Filter By Date Range

All,

I have a large spreadsheet of data with several columns one of which
contains dates.

Is there a way I can add a start date in A1 and a finish date in B1 and
then filter out the data to only show lines which fall between between
and including those two dates.

I have tried using advanced filters but this only seems to work for
single dates or by having to type all the dates in the range (a bit
unuser friendly) I'm sure there a way but I can't figure it out.

Sadly the date ranges I would like to use are quite obscure i.e
15/07/2005 - 08/08/2005, so I cant just filter by month using a helper
column.

Thanks any pointers appreciated.
AU

--
AcesUp
AcesUp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26519

rahrah3a

using the Data - Filter you can choose a Custom filter on your start date
column where anything is greater than or equal to 15/7/2005 and in the finish
date column custom filter for dates less than or equal to 8/8/2005.

"AcesUp" wrote:

[...]

swatsp0p

Use DataFilterAutoFilter. On the Date column, in the dropdown box,
select Custom. Use the parameter of "Greater than or equal to" and
choose your beginning date from the dropdown. Select "And" and use
"Less than or equal to" and choose your ending date from the list.
Click OK

Only the rows that meet your criteria will be displayed.

Does this work for you?

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398322

AcesUp

Thanks for the replies I managed to do it using a advanced filter and
using,

="Start Date" <="End Date"

This filters out all the records within that range. I also managed to
get it to only filter out 3 rows (Date, Customer, Price) I was
interested in and paste the data to a new sheet.

My next challanege is to total up column C when A and B are the same
and again post the data to a new table or consolidate the existing one.
I know pivot table and subtotals can be used for this but I would like
to use a formula if possible.

Anyone know if SUMIF could be used for this?