malik641

Default Filter range of only active cells???

Is this possible?
I want to filter a range but the range contains blank spaces.....is
there a way to have a filter that omits blank spaces?

--
malik641
malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190

George Nicholson

If you can use AutoFilter, one of it's drop-down options is ""non-blanks)"

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"malik641" wrote in
message ...

Is this possible?
I want to filter a range but the range contains blank spaces.....is
there a way to have a filter that omits blank spaces?

--
malik641
malik641's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380120

malik641

Yeah I know about the "NONBLANKS"....but let's say i have A4:A8 with
data in it and A11:A14 with data in it, and lets say that A1 will be
the drop down filter....

So lets just say that these cells contain the following:

A2:A3 are blank

A4: "Joe"
A5: "Joe"
A6: "Brian"
A6: "Joe"
A7: "Brian"
A8: "Brian"

A9:A10 are blank

A11: "Joe"
A12: "Brian"
A13: "Brian"
A14: "Joe"

what I want to do is make it so in A1 I will be able to select "Joe"
and have it display:

A4: "Joe"
A5: "Joe"
A6: "Joe"
(blank row)
A11: "Joe"
A14: "Joe"

is there any way of doing this WITHOUT making more rows of filters
within the blank rows?
the "NONBLANK" selection wouldn't do this for me

--
malik641
malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380120

malik641

Nevermind I figured it out

apparently you have to highlight from A1:A14 and THEN click AutoFilter
and it works great!

it doesn't keep the blank row in it, but I can deal with that