Junior Member

Angry Dependant dropdown lists in a VBA form

I have just started using VBA forms and have managed to create my first form which uses dropdown selection boxes. I now want to create a series of list boxes that are dependant on previous list boxes. In other words what is selected in the first box becomes the list for the second box etc.

Some help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dependant dropdown lists in a VBA form

--
martincjames

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Junior Member

Thanks Don,

Unfortunately this site does not explain about VBA forms.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"How to Populate One List Box Based on Another List Box"...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213748
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA .

"martincjames"

wrote in message ...

I have just started using VBA forms and have managed to create my first
form which uses dropdown selection boxes. I now want to create a series
of list boxes that are dependant on previous list boxes. In other words
what is selected in the first box becomes the list for the second box
etc.

Some help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
martincjames

Banned

Dependent dropdown list is something that keeps-on changing its items based on a change in the value of another dropdown.

Execute the following steps to create these dependent dropdown lists.

1 Name the range A1:A3 as Food.
2 Name the range B1:B4 as Fruits.
3 Name the range C1:C4 as Vegetables.
4 Name the range D1:D3 as Meat.
5 Select cell D3 and go to Data Validation menu in the Data tab and click on Data Validation.
6 In the Data Validation window, select “List” from the dropdown.
7 In the source section, type “=Food” and click on OK button.
8 Select the cell G3 and go to Data Validation menu in the Data tab and click on Data Validation and repeat step 6.
In the source section, type “=INDIRECT(D3)” and click on OK button.

financial modeling consultant