Maxwell-5000

Default Copy Paste / Excel 2002 (Annoying)

Hello all,

I work a lot in excel. Currently I just upgraded to Excel 2002 version
from 2000.

My issue is whenever I copy (Ctrl-C) more than once, this really
annoying BIG past clipboard pops up.

I tried to fix it by going into TOOLS / OPTIONS / EDIT - then
'unchecking' the boxes for Paste, copy and such. I even went to a point
to uncheck all the boxes but to no avail, nothing works to get rid of
that help pop up box.

I also disabled my helper assistant cartoon icon and that does not
work.

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE ANNOYING POP-UP CLIPBOARD :(

Please help!!!

Thanks

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056

Dave Peterson

Next time that popup pops up, click on the Options button on the bottom.

You'll see some stuff you can turn off.

(Edit|office clipboard will popup that popup for you.)

Maxwell-5000 wrote:

[...]

Maxwell-5000

This does not help...

Even though I unclick the check box, it still shows up...

Any other suggestions?

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396900

Maxwell-5000

I am unclicking... "Show Office Clipboard Automatically"

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396900

Maxwell-5000

That did not work either.

Maybe you can recreate my issue on your excell 2002...

Go to excel and go to any cell and do a (Ctrl + C) twice or more in the
same cell.

Hopefully that should re-create the pop up box I also see.

If you did get that box popped up, now try to get rid of it for good so
if you did (ctrl+C) again, the box would never show again.

If you suceeded then please show me how you did it.

Thanks

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396900

Dave Peterson

There's another option you can turn off:
Show office clipboard when ctrl-c is pressed twice.

I have all those options turned off except for the "Collect without showing
office clipboard"

And I never see that clipobard (except when I do edit|office clipboard)

Maxwell-5000 wrote:

That did not work either.

Maybe you can recreate my issue on your excell 2002...

Go to excel and go to any cell and do a (Ctrl + C) twice or more in the
same cell.

Hopefully that should re-create the pop up box I also see.

If you did get that box popped up, now try to get rid of it for good so
if you did (ctrl+C) again, the box would never show again.

If you suceeded then please show me how you did it.

Thanks

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396900

--

Dave Peterson
Adam Bell

I have a problem with it that is similar.

I don't mind if it comes up on double ctrl-c... but I want the "automatic"
turned of. I do so, and it works until I close excel and open it again.
Then it is back to automatic, and I have to turn it off AGAIN. I.E. it is
not remebering my settings.

Will I need to toally turn it off as you sugest to get it to remember to not
apear? (I could do with having to hit the menu to get it, I just like the
doublecopy to get it)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There's another option you can turn off:
Show office clipboard when ctrl-c is pressed twice.

I have all those options turned off except for the "Collect without showing
office clipboard"

And I never see that clipobard (except when I do edit|office clipboard)

Dave Peterson

I'm not sure why your setting doesn't stick. My guess is that you don't have
write access to your windows registry (your IT folks don't trust the users???).

But Jim Rech posted a registry tweak that will kill the office clipboard -- it
edits the windows registry, so be careful.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...308619da53c b

or

http://snipurl.com/h30k

===
Part of the key includes the version of excel.
9.0 represents xl2k
10.0 is xl2002
and
11.0 is xl2003