durino13

Default Histogram

I have a array of values, for instance: 1 2 3 4 5 6 atc. As soon as I
want to create a histogram, everything is working well, till I
explicitly write down the bin values ...

But when I do not tell to excel the bin range, excell tryies to find
this range automatically. The problem is, that excel did not find the
values from the array, like 1 2 3 4 5 6, but instead of them, he
resolves something like 1 | 2,33333 | 3,66666 atc ...

I have also changed the format of the array to numbers with a one
decimal place, but it did not solve my problem

Any idea?

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334

durino13

It is quite important for me :(

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396043

Dave Peterson

If excel can't find the bins range, it says this in help:

If you omit the bin range, Excel creates a set of evenly distributed bins
between the data's minimum and maximum values.

So type in the address of that bins range and see what happens.

durino13 wrote:

I have a array of values, for instance: 1 2 3 4 5 6 atc. As soon as I
want to create a histogram, everything is working well, till I
explicitly write down the bin values ...

But when I do not tell to excel the bin range, excell tryies to find
this range automatically. The problem is, that excel did not find the
values from the array, like 1 2 3 4 5 6, but instead of them, he
resolves something like 1 | 2,33333 | 3,66666 atc ...

I have also changed the format of the array to numbers with a one
decimal place, but it did not solve my problem

Any idea?

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396043

--

Dave Peterson
durino13

So according to this, the only way, how to force excel to take proper
values is to explicitly write down the bin array ...

So my second question is, how can I find out the sorted array of
values, where the values will be unique and sorted?

Something like this:

I have an array: 1 3 5 7 10 10 1 3 2

The result should be like this: 1 2 3 5 7 10, it means sorted and
unique ...

Is there a function for this?

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396043

Dave Peterson

I'd use data|filter|advanced filter.
Copy the unique records to a different location and sort that range.

Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

durino13 wrote:

So according to this, the only way, how to force excel to take proper
values is to explicitly write down the bin array ...

So my second question is, how can I find out the sorted array of
values, where the values will be unique and sorted?

Something like this:

I have an array: 1 3 5 7 10 10 1 3 2

The result should be like this: 1 2 3 5 7 10, it means sorted and
unique ...

Is there a function for this?

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396043

--

Dave Peterson

durino13

Thanx for response, but I need to do this automatically, not manually
... :(

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396043

Mike Middleton

durino13 -

My free Better Histogram add-in is available at www.treeplan.com. The VBA
code is not protected. You may be able to adapt some of the add-in's
methodology and code to help you solve your problem.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"durino13" wrote in
message ...

I have a array of values, for instance: 1 2 3 4 5 6 atc. As soon as I
want to create a histogram, everything is working well, till I
explicitly write down the bin values ...

But when I do not tell to excel the bin range, excell tryies to find
this range automatically. The problem is, that excel did not find the
values from the array, like 1 2 3 4 5 6, but instead of them, he
resolves something like 1 | 2,33333 | 3,66666 atc ...

I have also changed the format of the array to numbers with a one
decimal place, but it did not solve my problem

Any idea?
--
durino13

Dave Peterson

Maybe just recording a macro when you do it manually--then rerunning that macro
when you need it would be sufficient.

durino13 wrote:

Thanx for response, but I need to do this automatically, not manually
.. :(

--
durino13
durino13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396043

--

Dave Peterson

histogram canadian excel user Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 30th 05 11:50 PM
How to get rid of "More" on a Histogram Chart? Sam Charts and Charting in Excel 0 June 6th 05 04:34 PM
Histogram john liem New Users to Excel 0 May 11th 05 01:02 PM
How do I create a Histogram for relative frequency distributions? pipereed Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 28th 05 03:40 AM
Charting cumulative values in histogram ? TonyB Charts and Charting in Excel 3 February 22nd 05 04:23 PM