TonyB

Default Charting cumulative values in histogram ?

I have a set of numbers 1-12 along with a corresponding % that number occurs
in some data I'm analyzing.
What I want to plot is a histogram with number bin 1 - 12 along the x axis,
and on the yaxis a cumulative value of the total % 's upto that number.
So for simple case with 4 numbers
1, 20%
2, 40%
3, 30%
4, 10%

so the cumulative values I would like to histogram would be
1, 20 %
2, 60%
3, 90%
4,100%
I can't seem to get this to work via the histogram charting tool in the
tools/data analysis menu ?
Can anyone give me any pointers as to how to achieve this ?
Regards
Tony

John Mansfield

TonyB,

Try setting your data up as follows:

a 20% 20%
b 40% 60%
c 30% 90%
d 10% 100%

Create a simple clustered column chart. Click once on the second series.
In the standard toolbar go to Chart -Chart Type - Line Chart - OK.
You should now have one series represented by a line and one series
represented by a set of columns.

Next, click once on the line. Right-click on your mouse. Choose the
Selected Object option - Axis - Plot Series on Secondary Axis option.

Adjust the left and right axis to match your specifications.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"TonyB" wrote:

[...]

John Mansfield

I put together a quick example - you can view it he

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/simple_histogram/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"TonyB" wrote:

[...]

TonyB

Hi John,
Thanks for the example, I can see how you do it now.
Regards
Tony