Jaytee

Default Lists

Okay, Sheet 1 ("Entry") Looks like this:

A B C D
1 Property Date Not Working Features I Like
2 Prop 1 8/14/05 Blender View
3 Prop 2 8/19/05 Bedrooms
4 Prop 1 5/19/05 Blender Landscaping
5 Prop 3 7/11/05 Deadbolt
6 Prop 2 9/15/05 MainTV View
7 Prop 1 10/12/05 Icemaker View

Sheet 2 ("Owners") Must function like this:
(A2 is a drop down list containing the names of properties from sheet 1.
Step 1 in this process is to select a property from this list, hence "Prop 1"
in A2)
A B C D
1 Property Not Working Features I Like
2 Prop 1 Blender View
3 Blender Landscaping
4 Icemaker View
5

So the Question is:
When I select "Prop 1" from My drop list in A2 on the "Owners" sheet, how do
I get the list of information only pertinant to Prop 1 In columns B and C?
Obviously I want to select Prop 2 and get Prop 2 Info if I so choose.
Any Help would be appreciated!

Jaytee

Biff

Hi!

Enter this formula in Sheet2 B2 using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(Sheet1!C$2:C$7,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7=$A $2,ROW($1:$6)),ROW(1:1)))

Copy across to C2 then down to enough rows that will hold all the possible
matches.

Assume you copy that fomula in the total range of B2:C10

Select the range B2:C10

Goto FormatConditonal Formatting
Formula is: =ISERROR(B2)
Click the Format button
Set the font color to be the same as the background color
OK out

With that range still selected

Goto FormatCellsNumberCustom
Enter this code in the little box: 0;-0;;@
OK out

The conditional formatting hides any errors returned and the custom number
format will hide any zeros that would be displayed due to having blank cells
in the table on sheet1.

Want to see a sample file with this implemented? Let me know how to contact
you.

Biff