leah

Default Time entry

I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the colons (I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which referred to this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

leah

I did not change the code at all from his code.
I guess I'm asking if I should change the code, or is there something else I
have to do besides just copy and paste it?

leah

"leah" wrote in message
I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the colons

(I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which referred to

this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

Bob Phillips

Leah,

If I recall correctly, it is event code that goes in the appropriate
worksheet code module. Do you understand what that means, and do that?

--

HTH

RP

"leah" wrote in message
I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the

colons
(I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which referred to

this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

RagDyer

Until you get the code right, you could temporarily use "AutoCorrect" to
change a "decimal" entry to a "colon" entry.
That way, you could use the NUM keypad and enter your times using one hand,
and when you've completed your entries, simply change it back to the
decimal, until next time.

<Tools <AutoCorrect
--

HTH,

RD

"leah" wrote in message
I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the colons

(I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which referred to

this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

leah

No, I'm not sure I understand. I opened up VB and then in the project window
I expanded the modules for that spreadsheet and then double clicked on module
1, and pasted it in the window on the right.
Sorry, I don't know the jargon, I've mostly just played around and figured
out the little I do know.

thanks for your help and patience,
leah

"leah" wrote in message
I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the

colons
(I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which referred to
this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

Myrna Larson

Assuming you are entering the times on Sheet1, the code belongs in the Module
named Sheet1, NOT in Module1.

"leah" wrote in message
I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the

colons
(I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which referred

this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

Bob Phillips

Leah,

Best way to get to this is go to the sheet tab on your worksheet,
right-click and then View Code from the menu. Paste Chip's code in there.

--

HTH

RP

"leah" wrote in message
I am trying to enter times (00:01:42) without having to enter the
colons
(I'm
lazy). I found out how to do it by a post on 11/2/04 which

referred
this
site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
I copied the time program over into Excel Visual Basic, but I

must be
missing something b/c it doesn't work.

leah

Richard