H-B

Default Using version control in Excel 2003

Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a
previous version of the file. It seems only to be possible in Word now, can
that be right? I want to use that function, instead of saving a file in
several versions, e.g. file1, file2 and so on.
Jim Rech

I'm not sure what you mean by version control. What version of Excel had
this and how was it used/invoked?

--
Jim
"H-B" wrote in message
| Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a
| previous version of the file. It seems only to be possible in Word now,
can
| that be right? I want to use that function, instead of saving a file in
| several versions, e.g. file1, file2 and so on.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-B View Post
Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a
previous version of the file. It seems only to be possible in Word now, can
that be right? I want to use that function, instead of saving a file in
several versions, e.g. file1, file2 and so on.
As far as I know, Excel does not have a version control feature like Word.
Saving a copy of your spreadsheet each time you make a change can be tedious. There is another post in this forum that contains code you can add to a worksheet that automatically creates a copy of the spreadsheet each time it is saved. But you still have to deal with multiple files for each version.

Or, you can check out a product I wrote called TrackUment (www.trackument.com) that solves the problem you have. To save a version with TrackUment, just right click on the spreadsheet in Windows Explorer and select "TrackUment-Save Version" from the popup menu, enter a comment and you're done.

Looking up through all your spreadsheet versions and extracting any of them, is easily done, by just right-clicking on the file and selecting "TrackUment-Show History" from the popup menu.

Try the free trial version of TrackUment at http://www.trackument.com/download.html and see if it helps solve your problem.