biscuitsmom

Default Linking Worksheets and Autofilter

I am trying to get 2 sheets to link together so that when I autofilter on
sheet1 the filter will also effect sheet2 and vice versa. Please help. I
have been working on this for a month now.
TomHinkle

Try using the Advanced filter feature.. you'd have to put your 'criteria' on
a seperate worksheet (or should) but that could link to 2 worksheets.

"biscuitsmom" wrote:

I am trying to get 2 sheets to link together so that when I autofilter on
sheet1 the filter will also effect sheet2 and vice versa. Please help. I
have been working on this for a month now.

biscuitsmom

I don't think that will work. I need to have the pull downs like in the
autofilter. To explain my problem more...I have used up all the columns that
excel allows you to have. I either need more columns or be able to link 2
sheets. The first 10 columns of information that will be shared between the
two sheets. This data is what is filtered on. Say for example in one of the
10 columns will have vehicle brand names and I only want to look at all
Toyota brand vehicles. I need the 2 sheets to show only the rows that have
toyota brand information.

"biscuitsmom" wrote:

I am trying to get 2 sheets to link together so that when I autofilter on
sheet1 the filter will also effect sheet2 and vice versa. Please help. I
have been working on this for a month now.

TomHinkle

I hear you..

The advanced filter would work, BUT there would have to be a little bit of
kludgey coding done to facilitate it.

The problem you described would be incredibly easy to implement in Access.

As for the autofilter, I'll never say that it can't be done, BUT it's really
not designed to do what you are describing. Autofilter is pretty much
designed to work on one range of data without a lot of flexibility.

Kind of like driving a screw into a wall with a hammer.. Yeah, it will
'work' but a screwdriver is really the right tool.