dmabrams89

Default how can I copy information from adobe into excel?

I am trying to copy a table embedded in an adobe document. is there any way
to essentially "cut and Paste" this information into an excel spreadsheet?
bj

it depends on whether it is text or a picture.

"dmabrams89" wrote:

I am trying to copy a table embedded in an adobe document. is there any way
to essentially "cut and Paste" this information into an excel spreadsheet?

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

dmabrams89 wrote:
I am trying to copy a table embedded in an adobe document. is there any way
to essentially "cut and Paste" this information into an excel spreadsheet?

There are several ways. It depends on how the document was created. I believe
Adobe gives authors the ability to lock you out from copying stuff. On typical
PDF files however, you can just click on the Adobe Select tool and then use the
mouse to select what you want, and do a copy/paste in the normal way. It works
with my Adobe Reader 7.0 anyhow.

Or a really crude approach is to directly load the PDF file into Excel as you
would any text file. You'll see large amounts of useless junk, but also buried
in it you can find tables of numbers or whatever was in the document. Delete
the chaff, keep the data and you're done -- maybe, sometimes, sort of.

A final approach is that I sometimes pass a PDF file to an OCR program that I
have. From that I can select just what I want, convert it to text, and save it
directly to Excel.

Good luck...

Bill