Christene

Default Freeze panes automatically freezes at r14 when I highlight r1?

When I highlight row 1 and click freeze panes, it automatically freezes at
row 14 and column B. I don't want that, I want only row 1 to be frozen. Is
this a quirk in Excel 2000?

Please help!
Thanks
Christene
Debra Dalgleish

Excel freezes above, and/or to the left of, the selection.
If you select cell A2, or row 2, row 1 will be frozen.
If you select cell B1, or column B, column A will be frozen.
If you select cell B2, row 1 and column A will be frozen

When you select row 1, which has nothing above it, Excel "helps" you by
freezing near the centre of the window.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Karthik

Hi Christene

Select cell A2 and then freeze pane. This will freeze row 1 only.
Always remember that cells above the active cell and towards the left
of the active cell get frozen. And when there is neither a cell on top
nor towards (example cell a1) the left excel by defalt puts the freeze
pace in he center of the screen.

Thanks
Karthik Bhat
Bangalore