Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nihar Upadhyaya Nihar Upadhyaya is offline

Default Freeze panes automatically freezes at r14 when I highlight r1?

That was really helpful, because I had the same problem as christene, and
this answer really help me do what I wanted.

Thanks,

"Karthik" wrote:

Hi Christene

Select cell A2 and then freeze pane. This will freeze row 1 only.
Always remember that cells above the active cell and towards the left
of the active cell get frozen. And when there is neither a cell on top
nor towards (example cell a1) the left excel by defalt puts the freeze
pace in he center of the screen.

Thanks
Karthik Bhat
Bangalore