Rebecca

Default How do you go from one excell screen to another.

Use to be, before I got upgraded here at GM, that when I was working on one
excel screen, and wanted to select a previous one that I was working on all
that I had to do was go to my selection bar at the bottom of my screen, and
select another excel screen. I could have as many open as I wanted.
Now that I have been upgraded, when I go from one to another, the first one
disappears. It does not show up at the bottom of the screen. I have to
downsize the screen that I'm on and if I'm lucky, I'll find a little tiny box
that allows me to 'restore' the other screen. But I can't always find that
box.
There has to be a more convenient way to find the previous screens. Can
anyone help?

PokerZan

As long as they are different files, just hit Control+Tab and it will
cycle you through all the open Excel files, this is a faster way to get
through open spreadsheets than the old way anyway. :)

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

Earl Kiosterud

Rebecca,

One way or another, you can always click Window (menu bar) and choose from
any open workbook. Ctrl-Tab is a shortcut. If you want each open workbook
to have a button in the task bar, Tools - Options - View tab - Windows in
taskbar.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Rebecca" wrote in message
[...]

drlogarithm

I like the Ctrl + Tab option but to answer your question of how to
restore having separate icons on the taskbar for each excel
spreadsheet: Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and choose
properties. Then, be sure that "Group similar taskbar buttons" is not
checked.