Mark B via OfficeKB.com

Default Automatic Find and Populate

Ok, I have several spreadsheets that represent bills and have tabs that
represent the months. So, when I recieve a new bill for the month, I copy
last month's bill onto a new tab, and rename it using the billing cycle.
Each year, for each account number is contained in its own workbook- ie:
account 245-9999 has a workbook for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005; within that
workbook are tabs for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Ok, on a single month's tab, there
are anywhere from 10 to 900 individual line items representing circuits.

What I want to do is create a separate spreadsheet that lists unique circuit
ID's from all of the bills- it would show me ALL circuits ID's accross ALL
the accounts. So, I want the spreadsheet (or function, macro, whatever) to
go out to the folder for a given year, find all circuit id's from all the
accounts from all months and filter out duplicates- then list these ID's
together (possibly with the Billing Account number they came from).

Anyone have an idea as to how this might be done? I am not familiar with
visual basic, but I do work with someone who is or could muddle through it
myself- and I am using XP. Thanks.

--
Mark Brindamour
mtbrindamour[AT]hotmail[dot]com