Charlie Brown

Default locking rows

I have a spreadsheet that performs statistics calculations on sheet 2 and is
protected, the operator enters data on sheet 1. The formulaes fail to work
(result is #REF!) on sheet 2 because the operator has a habit of deleting
rows on sheet 1 that upsets the named ranges. The problem persists even if
I use ISERROR in my functions. I cannot protect sheet 1 because the
operator needs to use the sort drop down menu. I need some VBA I think, but
I don't know enough to do it quickly. Can anyone tell me how I can stop the
operator deleting rows or is there a workaround here?

many thanks

Charlie Brown

Jim Rech

I need some VBA I think

The problem with a macro approach is that the user can disable them.

If you have Excel 2002 or 2003 you can use its Tools, Protection, Protect
Sheet to allow sorting. To do this you'd have to unlock the cells that can
be sorted and all other
input cells. The user would not be able to delete rows though.

--
Jim