bloodgroove

Default printing multiple copies of a worksheet

I spent the last 2 hours printing 20 copies of one single worksheet.
Excel sent
each copy as its own print job so I had to wait for my printer to spool
20 individual print jobs. This is ridiculous. Am I missing a print
setting somewhere or do I just have to live with this problem. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
bloodgroove
bloodgroove's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18281

olasa

I don't know if this is better. But you could give a try.
'www.fineprint.com' (http://www.fineprint.com)

It's a great software.

Ola

--
olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17760

Anne Troy

Is there some reason that when you hit File--Print, you can't type in 20 in
the number of copies?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"bloodgroove"
wrote in message

I spent the last 2 hours printing 20 copies of one single worksheet.
Excel sent
each copy as its own print job so I had to wait for my printer to spool
20 individual print jobs. This is ridiculous. Am I missing a print
setting somewhere or do I just have to live with this problem. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
bloodgroove
bloodgroove's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390610

bloodgroove

I did type the number of copies needed but it still spooled each copy
as
a separate job. I don't know if others have this problem or if it's
part of
our network.

--
bloodgroove
bloodgroove's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18281
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390610

Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Find the printer manual for that printer. Some printers have buttons you can
push that allow you to change settings. If that printer has such a setting, try
changing it to 20.

Sometimes, you can send a special printer command that changes that setting.
(Again, see the manual for the printer.)

Print to a .prn file (use the same printer as the user owns)--I don't mean a
text file that's created via File|SaveAs.

You maybe be able to build a text file with those control characters in it and
send both the Copies command and the .prn file to the printer using an old DOS
command.

copy /b copies20.txt + output.prn lpt1:

where copies20.txt is the file that holds that printer code and output.prn is
the file that you printed the data to.

"bloodgroove" wrote:

I spent the last 2 hours printing 20 copies of one single worksheet.
Excel sent
each copy as its own print job so I had to wait for my printer to spool
20 individual print jobs. This is ridiculous. Am I missing a print
setting somewhere or do I just have to live with this problem. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
bloodgroove
bloodgroove's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18281
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390610

--

Dave Peterson
kshelton

We have approximately 30 users who use this printer, and it's not occurring
with only one excel file. I've changed the seconds timeout on the printer
from 120 to 250 (max allowed).
HP Color LaserJet 2600n
Excel from Office 2003 SP1

"bloodgroove" wrote:

I spent the last 2 hours printing 20 copies of one single worksheet.
Excel sent
each copy as its own print job so I had to wait for my printer to spool
20 individual print jobs. This is ridiculous. Am I missing a print
setting somewhere or do I just have to live with this problem. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
bloodgroove
bloodgroove's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18281
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390610

--

Dave Peterson

kshelton

Dave,

Thanks for your input. Are you suggesting this as a troubleshooting
measure, or as a permanent solution?