Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Find the printer manual for that printer. Some printers have buttons you can
push that allow you to change settings. If that printer has such a setting, try
changing it to 20.

Sometimes, you can send a special printer command that changes that setting.
(Again, see the manual for the printer.)

Print to a .prn file (use the same printer as the user owns)--I don't mean a
text file that's created via File|SaveAs.

You maybe be able to build a text file with those control characters in it and
send both the Copies command and the .prn file to the printer using an old DOS
command.

copy /b copies20.txt + output.prn lpt1:

where copies20.txt is the file that holds that printer code and output.prn is
the file that you printed the data to.

kshelton wrote:

I'm having the same exact problem...It's for a user, a copier is not an
acceptable solution, unfortunately. Thanks for the idea, though! Any others?

"bloodgroove" wrote:

I spent the last 2 hours printing 20 copies of one single worksheet.
Excel sent
each copy as its own print job so I had to wait for my printer to spool
20 individual print jobs. This is ridiculous. Am I missing a print
setting somewhere or do I just have to live with this problem. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
bloodgroove
bloodgroove's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18281