hanitam

Default Borders do not need to be pasted, this should be the default posi.

I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never want the
border from the original cell as well. All except borders should be the
default position. It should not be necessary to go to the toolbar arrow
beside the paste sign or to right click paste special, or repair borders
later.

hanitam wrote...
I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never

want the
border from the original cell as well. All except borders should be

the
default position. It should not be necessary to go to the toolbar

arrow
beside the paste sign or to right click paste special, or repair

borders
later.

Since when did you start living in an ideal world? Why should your
opinion and needs carry any greater weight than someone else who always
wants borders? If you mean why can't Excel provide a means to allow
users to set various defaults, the answer is that Microsoft doesn't see
sufficient economic incentive to do so.

If you want this functionality by default, write a macro, and add an
icon to your toolbar to run it.

David

?B?aGFuaXRhbQ==?= wrote

I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never
want the border from the original cell as well. All except borders
should be the default position. It should not be necessary to go to
the toolbar arrow beside the paste sign or to right click paste
special, or repair borders later.

I only wish XL2000 did that. I'm tired of repainting borders every time I
or someone else I work with copies a cell or group of cells not realizing
borders don't get copied too because the gridlines are still visible.

--
David
The Walm

"hanitam" wrote:

I am using Office Excel 2003. When copying or moving cells I never want the
border from the original cell as well. All except borders should be the
default position. It should not be necessary to go to the toolbar arrow
beside the paste sign or to right click paste special, or repair borders
later.

The answer is ctrl+c to copy what you want to copy.
Move to the cell you want at the top right of where you are copying to as
usual.
Then alt+e, then s, then x then return.
This should paste special the cell contents except borders.
Bingo.
Paste special has a whole bunch of useful pasting options.