Default Setting a Default Value in Excel

How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are already
validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the validation
values.
Frank Kabel

Hi
this would be only possible using VBA

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are already
validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the
validation
values.

Frank Kabel

Hi
Visual Basic Applications (macros)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
What is VBA?

"g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are already
validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the
validation
values.

Frank Kabel

Hi
but this would not be an default value?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
Visual Basic Applications (macros)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
What is VBA?

"g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are
already
validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the
validation
values.

Debra Dalgleish

When do you want the default value to appear?

If you want it to appear when data is entered in a row, you could use
programming. Or, enter the default value in each cell, and hide the
value with conditional formatting. Set it to change font colour when
other data is entered in the row. There are examples he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html

g wrote:
How do I set a default value in certain cells? The cells are already
validated and I would like to have the default value be one of the validation
values.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List