Kevin

Default Calculation not correct

I have seemingly easy question that I can't seem to figure out. I have a
cell that is a simple sum of a column( it is in time format, i.e. 11:30). I
have another column that i am cuming also with a simple whole number. In
another I am dividing the time reference by the whole number reference. In
one instance it works and the other it is returning a incorrect calculation.
I did a =cell(format,XX) formula to see the difference. All of the cells are
in G9 format so they are the same. This is the correct calculation
=sum(e70/b70) so that translates to =sum(16:28/6) and returns the correct
answer of 2:44. Now the faulty one reads pretty much the same =sum(f70/b70)
which translates to =sum(15:03/6) and this one is returning 14:30. All the
formating is the same as the other and there is no differences of than they
total a different column. I have just typed in the totals and then did these
formulas and it works properly.

I am stumped, can anyone help?
Bernie Deitrick

Kevin,

Your 15:03 is actually 87:03 (or any multiple of 144 hours higher (which is
6 days), like 231:03): format the cell with the sum for [h]:mm to prevent
Excel from hiding the days (multiples of 24 hours) when the sum is more than
24 hours.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP