Aaron (ireland)

Default Sheet Tabs

Hi All,

I am using office 2003. A user that I am support has office 2000 installed
and has an issue with displaying the sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen.
I have tried a number of options from using the formatsheetUn Hide. This
does not resolve the issue. I have also tried to display the sheet tabs from
toolsoptionsview and select the option sheet tabs from the window options.

None of the above makes the sheet tabs viable. Any ideas on how to resolve
this are kindly welcomed.

Aaron

aristotle

Aaron, you mean that you can see the tabs but your colleague cannot?
Perculiar!
I though that the sheets may be "xlSheetVeryHidden" - check by going to the
VB Editor (Ctrl + F11) and check the visible properties of the sheets. If
they are "xlSheetVeryHidden" then change to "xlSheetVisible".

Cheers,
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a
habit.

"Aaron (ireland)" wrote:

Hi All,

I am using office 2003. A user that I am support has office 2000 installed
and has an issue with displaying the sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen.
I have tried a number of options from using the formatsheetUn Hide. This
does not resolve the issue. I have also tried to display the sheet tabs from
toolsoptionsview and select the option sheet tabs from the window options.

None of the above makes the sheet tabs viable. Any ideas on how to resolve
this are kindly welcomed.

Aaron

Damon Longworth

Try maximizing the window. The tabs may be there, but off the screen at the
bottom.

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Aaron (ireland)" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am using office 2003. A user that I am support has office 2000 installed
and has an issue with displaying the sheet tabs at the bottom of the
screen.
I have tried a number of options from using the formatsheetUn Hide. This
does not resolve the issue. I have also tried to display the sheet tabs
from
toolsoptionsview and select the option sheet tabs from the window
options.

None of the above makes the sheet tabs viable. Any ideas on how to resolve
this are kindly welcomed.

Aaron

Aaron (ireland)

I have tried all of them steps. I can see the tabs on my laptop. But when my
client opens the workbook he does not see the sheet tabs. I have tried
maximising and arranging windows. I have tried the VB editor and the visable
option is set to visable.

This is a wierd one.

Regards

Aaron

"Damon Longworth" wrote:

[...]

giantwolf

I can't think why this would explain how you can see the tabs but your
client can't as I thought these options were file specific rather than
computer specific, but if you go to "tools", "options" and then on the
"view" tab there is a tick option for "Sheet Tabs" (roughly bottom
right). Make sure this is ticked, if it isn't the tabs will be
hidden.

Strange one indeed, let us all know if you solve it!

GW

--
giantwolf
giantwolf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24718