Marcia3641

Default Creating a Form

Hi:
I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the
information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
form, is that possible?
--
Marcia3641
Anne Troy

If you've already got the data going to another worksheet, then clearing the
form should be easy.
Just select all the cells you want to clear, hit Insert--Name--Define and
type clearme (or similar), and then record a macro fo yourself hitting
Edit--Go to--Clearme, and hitting your delete key and then go to some nice
landing cell.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Marcia3641" wrote in message
Hi:
I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out

the
information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
form, is that possible?
--
Marcia3641

PokerZan

yes there is. when after you have entered all your program events of
the cmdSubmit (command button) just add this line at the very end.

Call UserForm_Initialize

This will make it "re-initialize" the form after the other functions
have taken place. I am still learning forms too though, so if anyone
knows fo a better way to do this, please don't hesitate to post it!

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

David McRitchie

Sounds like you are going to be sitting in the booth anyway, either way.

Haven't really looked at it but I think Martin Green's user forms
course material would help. Overall view looks like it would cover everything
you can download Spreadsheet and a PDF (or word) document.
http://www.fontstuff.com/downloads/index.htm#excelvba

Other tutorials on for Excel then VBA beginning at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie//exce....htm#tutorials
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie//exce...m#vbatutorials
but that was the only one I've listed as for forms.
---
HTH,

"Marcia3641" wrote in message ...
Hi:
I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the
information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
form, is that possible?
--
Marcia3641

PokerZan

Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
UserForms, good stuff. In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
"submit" button was pushed.

I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
sequence and it worked. It seems that this was the correct thing to do
as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388184

Marcia3641

Thank for your feedback.

Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy provided.
But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into
spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how. HELP
PLEASE!
--
Marcia3641

"PokerZan" wrote:

Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
UserForms, good stuff. In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
"submit" button was pushed.

I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
sequence and it worked. It seems that this was the correct thing to do
as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388184

Anne Troy

I'm sorry, Marcia. I don't see that text anywhere in the article I gave you.
Perhaps it was someone else's article. If you can point out the link, maybe
I can help you continue...
*******************

"PokerZan" wrote:

Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
UserForms, good stuff. In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
"submit" button was pushed.

I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
sequence and it worked. It seems that this was the correct thing to do
as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile:

View this thread:

Anne Troy

I still don't see it, Marcia. You say it says "Let's move on to saving the
information...", but there is nothing even remotely like that on that page.
So what's missing? What do you need to finish? The page tells you how to put
the button on your toolbar and how to run the macro from the button.

*******************

"PokerZan" wrote:

Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to

build
UserForms, good stuff. In this tutorial it doesn't answer the

question
that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
"submit" button was pushed.

I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its

event
sequence and it worked. It seems that this was the correct thing to

do
as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).

PZan

--
PokerZan

PokerZan's Profile:

View this thread:

Marcia3641

Okay, no wonder I you don't see what I am talking about. The website I
included isn't the one I was following the directions for. Sorry about that,
as you can tell I am so confused.

Okay, I have created the userform and I hit F5 to run it to see if it work
but my drop-down list don't show up.
--
Marcia3641