Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extremely sloooooooooow subtotalling

My spreadsheet looks like this:

parcel type tax penalty cost
123 0000 10.00 1.50 30.00
234 2345 5.55 .55 10.00
356 5040 11.11 1.12 3.00
945 2145 7.00 .70 1.50

(My spreadsheet has 135,000 different parcels)

When the parcel changes, I need subtotals for the tax, penalty and
cost.

After 30 minutes, subtotals have been inserted for only 15,000
parcels. At this rate, it'll take almost 5 hours to complete.
Is there any way to speed up the subtotalling?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops! Multi-posted AGAIN, huh!!!!!

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Garry,

About 6 hours ago, I posted my original message here (in the MISC
group) but, a few minutes later, I removed it and posted it in the
PROGRAMMING group.

Gary

On Jan 24, 10:27*pm, GS wrote:
Oops! Multi-posted AGAIN, huh!!!!!

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

gary laid this down on his screen :
Hi Garry,

About 6 hours ago, I posted my original message here (in the MISC
group) but, a few minutes later, I removed it and posted it in the
PROGRAMMING group.

Gary

I 'get it' but that doesn't remove postings when they've already been
downloaded to a newsreader. Most people who monitor these newsgroups
use a news reader rather than internet access.<g

--
Garry

Subtotalling Delamgbc Excel Worksheet Functions 1 October 15th 08 08:22 AM
Subtotalling ann New Users to Excel 2 February 8th 07 10:45 PM
Subtotalling ldf863 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 26th 06 06:33 PM
Subtotalling MarkN Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 23rd 06 09:27 PM
subtotalling using vba JulieD Excel Programming 1 July 5th 04 02:04 PM