Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MarkN

Default Subtotalling

This is a simple example of my problem. I have a sheet that has three columns
(Name, EmployeeNumber and Amount). Each month a raw dump is produced where
each name occurs many times. I am interested in seeing the total Amounts for
each person so I sort by the name and subtotal the list.

Subtotalling inserts a new blank row and places the subtotalled value along
this row. Is there a way of filling this blank row with the Name and
EmployeeNumber as well as the subtotalled amount.

Any help very much appreciated.
--
Thanks,
MarkN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

After running the subtotal operation, turn on autofilters and select blanks
in the Employee Number column. In the first visible row, enter a formula to
copy the value from the cell above (ex: the Empl# column is C; first
visible (subtotal) row is 5. In c5 enter =c4). Autofill the formula into
the other visible rows.
Turn off the filters (or just Show All) and you should be set.
--Bruce

"MarkN" wrote:

This is a simple example of my problem. I have a sheet that has three columns
(Name, EmployeeNumber and Amount). Each month a raw dump is produced where
each name occurs many times. I am interested in seeing the total Amounts for
each person so I sort by the name and subtotal the list.

Subtotalling inserts a new blank row and places the subtotalled value along
this row. Is there a way of filling this blank row with the Name and
EmployeeNumber as well as the subtotalled amount.

Any help very much appreciated.
--
Thanks,
MarkN