gary

Extremely sloooooooooow subtotalling

My spreadsheet looks like this:

parcel type tax penalty cost
123 0000 10.00 1.50 30.00
234 2345 5.55 .55 10.00
356 5040 11.11 1.12 3.00
945 2145 7.00 .70 1.50

(My spreadsheet has 135,000 different parcels)

When the parcel changes, I need subtotals for the tax, penalty and
cost.

After 30 minutes, subtotals have been inserted for only 15,000
parcels. At this rate, it'll take almost 5 hours to complete.
Is there any way to speed up the subtotalling?

GS[_2_]

Extremely sloooooooooow subtotalling

Oops! Multi-posted AGAIN, huh!!!!!

--
Garry

gary

Extremely sloooooooooow subtotalling

Hi Garry,

About 6 hours ago, I posted my original message here (in the MISC
group) but, a few minutes later, I removed it and posted it in the
PROGRAMMING group.

Gary

On Jan 24, 10:27*pm, GS wrote:
Oops! Multi-posted AGAIN, huh!!!!!

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

GS[_2_]

Extremely sloooooooooow subtotalling

gary laid this down on his screen :
Hi Garry,

About 6 hours ago, I posted my original message here (in the MISC
group) but, a few minutes later, I removed it and posted it in the
PROGRAMMING group.

Gary

I 'get it' but that doesn't remove postings when they've already been
downloaded to a newsreader. Most people who monitor these newsgroups
use a news reader rather than internet access.<g

--
Garry