danielle

Default Protection...

How do I unprotect a worksheet or workbook? I'm trying to unmerge cells and
it won't let me do it. I think it might have something to do with me
protecting it.

Thanks
Anne Troy

Try this, Danielle:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"danielle" wrote in message
How do I unprotect a worksheet or workbook? I'm trying to unmerge cells

and
it won't let me do it. I think it might have something to do with me
protecting it.

Thanks

danielle

Thanks for the response but it still didn't work. When I go to
Tools/Protection, both the Protect Sheet and Protect Workbook selections are
grayed out and those are the ones i need.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try this, Danielle:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"danielle" wrote in message
How do I unprotect a worksheet or workbook? I'm trying to unmerge cells

and
it won't let me do it. I think it might have something to do with me
protecting it.

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Are multiple worksheets grouped
(to make the tools|protect|unprotect sheet greyed out)?
If yes, then select only one sheet. (rightclick on any of the selected tabs and
choose "ungroup sheets".)

Is the workbook shared?
If yes, unshare it.
Tools|share workbook|editing tab|uncheck the "allow changes by more than..."

====
If you look at the title bar, you'll see [Group] or [Shared] at the end of the
workbook name.

danielle wrote:

Thanks for the response but it still didn't work. When I go to
Tools/Protection, both the Protect Sheet and Protect Workbook selections are
grayed out and those are the ones i need.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try this, Danielle:
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com