Wilmarjr

Default Very easy question about filter!!!

Hi guys,

I am trying to do something that looks simple but I can't figure out.
I am trying to copy for a third column the names that match from the
first two columns. for example:

1º column 2º column
Nina john
john Ryan
smith Sherry
bob chuck
carlos bob
chuck sam
andrea

I would like to have a third column if john, chuck and bob's name.
If somebody have this info, please let me know.
thanks, Will

--
Wilmarjr
Wilmarjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23609

Gary L Brown

From Chip Pearson's website:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates
Extracting Values Common To Two Lists

You can easily extract values that appear in both of two lists. Suppose your
lists are in A1:A10 and B1:B10. Enter the following array formula in the
first cell of the range which is to contain the common entries:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,B1)0,B1,"")

Change B1 and $A$1:$A$10 to the first cells in the ranges from which data
that you want to extract common items. Then, use Fill Down (from the Edit
menu) to fill the formula down to as many rows as you need to hold the common
entries (i.e., up to as many rows as there are in the original range.)

BTW, to enter an array, type in the formula then hit Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

When you get a chance, you should check out Chip's full site at...
http://www.cpearson.com/
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''''''Yes'''''''' button next
to ''''''''''''''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"Wilmarjr" wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to do something that looks simple but I can't figure out.
I am trying to copy for a third column the names that match from the
first two columns. for example:

1º column 2º column
Nina john
john Ryan
smith Sherry
bob chuck
carlos bob
chuck sam
andrea

I would like to have a third column if john, chuck and bob's name.
If somebody have this info, please let me know.
thanks, Will

--
Wilmarjr
Wilmarjr's Profile: