Heinzpickle

Default Advanced filter question

I am using advanced filter and want to filter for a blank cell. I thought
that, to do this, you would use a "" but this does not appear to work. Is
there another way to filter for blank cells, or am I wrong?
--
HeinzPickle
Peo Sjoblom

Use a formula, assume you use G1:G2 as criteria range, leave G1 blank and in
G2 put

=ISBLANK(A4)

where A4 is the first cell with data that you want to filter
note that ISBLANK will return false for blank from formula like "", so if
that's the case us

=A4=""

Peo Sjoblom

"Heinzpickle" wrote in message
I am using advanced filter and want to filter for a blank cell. I thought
that, to do this, you would use a "" but this does not appear to work. Is
there another way to filter for blank cells, or am I wrong?
--
HeinzPickle

CyberTaz

There are no doubt other ways, but I prefer to take the easy way out.

Assume you have Dog Info in your data range & want to find the records for
which no Location is listed:

Criteria Range would be;
Breed M/F Born Breeder Location Store Cost
=

Records found (Output To if Copying to another location)woud be;

Breed M/F Born Breeder Location Store Cost
Beagle F 4/1/2003 Rogers 200.00

If not copying the records to another location why not use AutoFilter
instead... it has Listed choices for either Blanks or Non-Blanks?

HTH |:)
"Heinzpickle" wrote:

I am using advanced filter and want to filter for a blank cell. I thought
that, to do this, you would use a "" but this does not appear to work. Is
there another way to filter for blank cells, or am I wrong?
--
HeinzPickle

I am using advanced filter and want to filter for a blank cell. I thought
that, to do this, you would use a "" but this does not appear to work. Is
there another way to filter for blank cells, or am I wrong?

Check http://groups.google.fi/groups?q=adv....com&rnum=3 1

In other words, the criteria should be =f3="", where f is the column
in which you test for blanks and the third row is the first which can
contain data, that is, not a header row. An example: the following
criteria range excludes rows where column F (header pet) begins with
dog or cat or is blank. No header label above the formula.

pet pet
<dog* <cat* =f3<""

regards
bb