Stan

Default Zero with a slash

Can I have zero format with a slash through it? If I mix numbers (digits)
with letters in a cell I want to be able to distinguish zeros from Os with a
slash. Example: ABCD000438NOPQ (zeros and Os in same cell).

abcd

it's a font choice:

some fonts are bad for your purpose, just try many

the one you asked is 8514oem

but a lot of others make the digit 0 and the letter O easy to
distinguish: Terminal, Fixed Size, ...
Max

Perhaps you might want to try these 2 responses by Dave Peterson & Peo as
well: http://tinyurl.com/7vbw3

--
Rgds
Max
"Stan" wrote in message
Can I have zero format with a slash through it? If I mix numbers (digits)
with letters in a cell I want to be able to distinguish zeros from Os with

slash. Example: ABCD000438NOPQ (zeros and Os in same cell).

DNA

You could key ALT + 0216; hence Ø.

Dave Peterson

That may look nice, but any arithmetic will fail.

(or comparisons with numbers that contain 0's)

DNA wrote:

You could key ALT + 0216; hence Ø.

--

Dave Peterson
Stan

That is excellent, thank you.
Stan

"DNA" wrote:

You could key ALT + 0216; hence Ø.

Stan

Dave,
No arithmetic will be performed using that cell. It is a reference number
combining letters and digits. Less confusion if the zero has a slash. Thank
you.
Stan