Andy

Default Insert Outlook Message into Excel cell

I am attempting to inset and Outlook message into a cell in Excel. This is to
enable me to keep a log of e-mails for particular topics and to store them
within Excel so that I could double-click within the spreadsheet and bring up
the e-mail.

Have tried copying, pasting, importing, linking all to no avail. Any further
ideas/help or perhaps a way to do in Access?
keepITcool

I recently posted something like this in the dutch NG.
It searched for a string in the subjects of the inbox
(optionally filters to current month)

then adds a hyperlink to the message.

It uses a class module to trap the"search complete" event
from outlook, which may be a bit over your head..

Give it a try anyway..

INSERT A CLASSMODULE
note: CLASS module!!

in properties window name it :
COutlookSearch

Copy:

Option Explicit

Dim WithEvents olApp As Outlook.Application
Const tagSS = "SubjectSearch"

Sub SubjectSearch(sSubject$, Optional sScope$ = "Inbox", Optional
bThisMonth As Boolean)
Const csFILTER As String =
"urn:schemas:mailheader:subject LIKE '%|s|%'"
Dim sFilter$, hLink As Hyperlink

For Each hLink In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
If hLink.Range.Column = 1 Then
hLink.Range.Clear
hLink.Delete
End If
Next

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
sFilter = Replace(csFILTER, "|s|", sSubject)
If bThisMonth Then
sFilter = sFilter & " AND
%thismonth(urn:schemas:httpmail:datereceived)%"
End If

Call olApp.AdvancedSearch(sScope, sFilter, True, tagSS)
End Sub

Private Sub ProcessSubjectSearch(olSearch As Outlook.Search)
Dim i%

With olSearch.Results
If .Count = 0 Then
MsgBox "No items were found", vbExclamation, olSearch.Tag
Else
For i = 1 To .Count
With .Item(i)
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add _
anchor:=ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Cells(i, 1), _
Address:="outlook:" & .EntryID, _
TextToDisplay:=.Subject
End With
Next
End If
End With
Set olApp = Nothing

End Sub

Private Sub olApp_AdvancedSearchComplete(ByVal SearchObject As
Outlook.Search)
Select Case SearchObject.Tag
Case tagSS
Call ProcessSubjectSearch(SearchObject)
Case Else
MsgBox "Unknown search has completed. Tag:" & SearchObject.Tag
End Select
End Sub

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<

Next:
insert a normal module
name it:
MEntry

copy:

Option Explicit
Dim mclsOLS As COutlookSearch

Sub CreateMailLinks()
Set mclsOLS = New COutlookSearch
mclsOLS.SubjectSearch "find this subject", , True
End Sub

--
keepITcool