Mark

Default Excel document properties insert into a cell

I would like to find a way to insert the data that is stored on the
"Properties" page of an excel document into the cell. In work and Visio I can
do it easily but I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. I know, it's
probably simple, but I just can't think that simple right now...

thanks
mark
Bob Phillips

Mark,

You will need a UDF
Function DocProps(prop As String)
application.volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last author")
or
=DocProps ("last save time")

--

HTH

RP

"Mark" wrote in message
I would like to find a way to insert the data that is stored on the
"Properties" page of an excel document into the cell. In work and Visio I

can
do it easily but I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. I know, it's
probably simple, but I just can't think that simple right now...

thanks
mark

Frank Kabel

Hi
use the following UDF:

Function DocProps(prop As String)
application.volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter for example in a cell (to get the last modification date)
=DOCPROPS("last save time")
(format cell as date)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Mark wrote:
I would like to find a way to insert the data that is stored on the
"Properties" page of an excel document into the cell. In work and
Visio I can do it easily but I can't figure out how to do it in
Excel. I know, it's probably simple, but I just can't think that
simple right now...

thanks
mark

Mark

Man, not I fell really stupid. I have not used VB in Excel in a while and
totaly forgot about it.

Thanks.

Mark

"Frank Kabel" wrote: