Dave G

Default Paste from Word table so that 1 table cell = 1 Excel cell

I have a Word 2002 document with cells that I need to paste into Excel
2002

But, if the Word cell contains text in paragraphs, each paragrph
becomes a new cell in Excel.

How can I paste from Word to Excel so that all the information stays
together and the paragraphs are all in ONE Excel cell?
Dave
Dan

Dave,

Highlight the text in word and then click on the cell you want to paste it
in after the cursor is blinking in the cell.

Dan

"Dave G" wrote:

I have a Word 2002 document with cells that I need to paste into Excel
2002

But, if the Word cell contains text in paragraphs, each paragrph
becomes a new cell in Excel.

How can I paste from Word to Excel so that all the information stays
together and the paragraphs are all in ONE Excel cell?
Dave

Dave G

Dan, you're the man -
thanks.
Dave

On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:30:02 -0700, Dan
wrote:

Dave,

Highlight the text in word and then click on the cell

Steve

Hi Dan and Dave... I am having a very similar issue, except that I want to
paste an entire table from Word into Excel, each cell of which will contain
paragraph markers. For instance, a table in Word with two rows and two
columns (four cells total), where each of these four cells contain paragraph
markers. So I would not be able to click inside a single cell in Excel to do
the paste, unless I only wanted to paste one of the four cells from the Word
table. Is there a way to paste the entire Word table into Excel, so that the
end result is two rows and two columns of data in Excel, each of which
contains the same paragraph markers that are in the Word table? Thanks,
Steve