BGalbraith

Default Linking Wkbks

I am linking 2 wkbks and am having trouble with the formulas. The source
document is a simple spreadsheet that contains all contracts that are billed
in a month and are listed in my bill date order such as the 1st, 5th, 10th
etc. In the colums I list the Contract #, Client name, amount, bill date,
and the "E" colum has the sums of each bill date. During the month I am
constantly adding rows to each bill date for new billing which moves the sum
of each bill date to a new row. In the destination workbook I have linked
the sums of each bill date and I am using this wkbk to Forcast sales for the
current and the next month. My problem is that when I add billing to the
source wkbk then go to the destination wkb it does not update like I want
because I can't the linked cell in the destination wkbk to pick up the new
cell on the source wkbk with the new sum in it. Can someone please tell me
how to change the formula in the destination wkbk to accomplish my task?
--
Thank you!
BG
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could move the formulas to a spot that doesn't move--either row 1 or a
dedicated worksheet????

Or open both workbooks and do the change. When both workbooks are open, the
formulas will be adjusted.